Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Objectivist Free Will Nightmare


Objectivist Free Will Nightmare


Last night I dreamed
Rand Paul walked up to me
as I sat working at my desk,
in his suit and wide red tie,
curly hair oiled
like a delicate machine.

He tipped up my chin, grasped it firmly
and planted a kiss on my lips
while I froze.
"My god," I whispered,
"I've kissed a libertarian."
and sunk my face in my palms.

A wave of shame consumed me,
as I sat deregulated,
more broken than an oil spill;
Mr. Paul smiled a small
controlled happy smile,
and walked on to the next desk.



~ January 2015









Yes, I really dreamed this. Not much of a poem, but it cracked me up, so thought I'd share.


Edit: Forgot to add for those not into U.S. politics, that Rand Paul is a republican-libertarian Senator from Kentucky, and  son of Ron Paul, de facto founder of the Libertarian Party.






14 comments:

  1. The horror, the horror! I love the description if his hair "oiled like a delicate machine." I am going to take this as a cautionary tale, and model my life after Batwoman comic books instead. If you start dreaming about Chris Christie, I don't know you! :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, FB--actually I *have* dreamed about Chris Christie, and not in a good way. I worry about me sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Too funny ! I am on just landed plane so will be back. Especially love his hair. K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you are safe home, k. Get some rest!

      Delete
  3. I believe that is a nightmare, Joy! And I love the Colbert snippet about A.R. after your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you wake up and immediately brush your teeth...
    maybe wash your mouth....
    good news, they may drill in my neighborhood you know...
    so much for beach vacations....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! Damn. Shoot me if I dream about nailin' Palin. But her last rant was.... well, epic isn't the right word... those damn koch-suckers. I will visit a bit more later, just popping in to say 'hi' ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yourself. Yeah,I thought this dream was bad but now I'm grateful I am not dreaming about lesbian adventures with Sarah. Her last speech was indeed epic insanity, and totally cracked me up, maybe because I kept hearing the echo of Tina Fey. Hang in there, M.

      Delete
    2. Have you seen the meme making the rounds? Ayn Rand, Paul Ryan, and Rand Paul walk into a bar. The bartender serves them tainted alcohol, because there are no rules. They die. The End. ~

      Delete
  6. Anything involving Rand Paul is most definitely a nightmare! I know, because unfortunately he represents us here in KY as our Senator :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So was Paul wearing the devil's red sneakers? What a hoot and o yes the outrage. But what of the seduction of this swooning to one's shadow? Perhaps he's closer than you think. (PS, loved the Kolbert Kwote.) My terror is that the rapture will beam the postchristians up and I'll be left with the saved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has something to do with being violated. ;_) Truly a nightmare feel, not a pleasant sensual thing at all. (And then, he showed me libertarian propaganda videos!) If the Rapturing is going to get rid of these people, all I can say is, bring it on.

      Delete
  8. OMG! Maybe an exorcism would help. I love what our unconscious can dish up!

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg