Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Flash 55 ~ The Nightly News Zombie








The Nightly News Zombie

The newslady’s tucked her face again,
Done some debriding and chemical peel
Slipped a stitch into her eye-holes,
Shot some more autologen into
Her already full pouting lips,
Ruffled up her hair of unknown color
In another new way.

I’ve watched every night
For over ten years.
She never gets older,
She just gets 
Undead-er.


December 2010




Posted for Friday Flash 55 at G-man's.





I have a lot more of this poem, but it's going to have to be put on the slab in my moldering basement laboratory for more experimentation before I resurrect it to hideous Undead life. Til then, here's 55 words of it.

Monkey Man points out there's a Blogger Zombie Walk happening today on the intertubes. For additional zombie fare, be sure to check out Ghost Hunting Theories. 

Photo still from George Romero's Night of the Living Dead, courtesy google image search

21 comments:

  1. Amazing what a product they make of themselves. eeek.

    nice 55

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this one rising from the grave next Halloween! Funny 55!


    WORD VERIFICATION: quanog
    DEFINITION: a popular New England holiday drink made with clam juice

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I love this. There are some truly scary faces on the television - and I hope that's where they stay!

    Super 55, hedgewitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes...hehe...the people that out stay themselves on tv...a nip a tuck...i sometimes wonder if they can feel anything any more...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA HA HA! I think we all have one of those newcasters locally...I know I'm thinking of one riiiiight now, lol! GREAT 55 very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent zombie 55. You should link up with the Zombie Walk I referred to in my 55. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @MM don't see anywhere to really link in, but thanks for posting about it over there. I'll stick the link in above for those who need more zombie goodness in their day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some brain for you, madam? Allow me to recommend the medulla oblongata, which is especially good tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS--that gal on top of me is cuuuuuuuuute. ;-)

    I mean...above me. In the comments. Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shay!!!

    Gosh comment boxes can be so fun
    Undeader oh goodness no need for botox

    and there's more???

    Moon smiles (no howling aloud)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks folks--loved your 55's also.

    @FB You are all just adorable, it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shay's Not...
    But I AM refering to the Zombie Chick!
    Mui Caliente'.
    Loved your 55 Hedgewitch..
    You Rocked The House on this one.
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great 55. so different - it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm familiar with these types of zombies. My husband and I call them silicone goddesses or just plain disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is rather scary, and not only disturbing but also sad; I hope they're not pushed to do it by the networks... Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun 55! Truly scary to feel the need to have to do that. shudder

    ReplyDelete
  17. tv or not tv... that's the question... ha ha
    Great 55

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahahaha!!! bravo, i love your take on plastic surgery!

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg