Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soothing Interlude

I don't know about anyone else, but I've about had it with the mad rush and the Christmas feeding frenzy. I want to be somewhere warm and soothing clutching a drink with an umbrella in it. This is the closest I can get at the moment, the least frenetic poem every written about Mexico, from Donovan, Sand and Foam.



...and the simple act /of an oar stroke /put diamonds in the sea....

We'll get back to regularly scheduled programming eventually.

4 comments:

  1. Loved this musical interlude, hedgewitch. Thank you...I needed a deep breath and a few minutes of calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved Donovan from the time he was screwing around being "The Scottish Bob Dylan." To be honest, young me thought that a couple of his songs WERE Dylan, for years. (Stick with me, I'll learn ya all this stuff!)

    I love "Atlantis."

    I love "Season of the Witch." (bet you do too. You HAVE to!)

    I love "Colours."

    But my favorite is a little thing called "Barabajagal." It's just weird enough to appeal to my black little heart. "Love is hot, love is hot, but truth is molten."

    They call him Mellow Yellow...quite rightly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Talon: Glad if this one did something positive for your mood. This time of year drives me nuts, personally
    @FB Yes, I love all those and more; Barabajagel is one of his weirdest and best, and so is the infamous Hurdy Gurdy Man,singing songs of love, but this one is the one I like to listen to when I can't sleep, or I'm otherwise frazzled. His early stuff is really Dylanish, and full of gypsies--his best friend was called Gypsy Davy or something...so figures you'd like him, and glad if you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg