Monday, January 3, 2011

The Winter School




The incomparable Fireblossom and I have tormented each other over the weekend by writing a collaborative poem. You'll find it posted at her blog, Shay's Word Garden. I include the picture because, despite having nothing to do with winter or schools, it seems to me to portray how our two fey protagonists might look.
Follow this link or the title one to enter Shay's Magical Kingdom, er Word Garden  and see the result of our mutual insanity.


Image: John.William Waterhouse, from Hylas and the Nymphs, wikimedia commons

5 comments:

  1. I love Waterhouse. Well chosen!

    Very kind of you not to point out that all I contributed was a "the" and a couple of "and"s. ;-)

    I really enjoyed doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonsense! it was all your fault--I mean it was all your idea. And the pleasure was mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't the pleasure mutual? Hardly seems worthwhile otherwise! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like that Chip and Dale sequence: After you---NOOOOO, after YOU! is going on. ;-) Of course it was mutual, Eric, and if she says it wasn't, she gets another box across the ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading over there to read it now.(it has to be good)..bkm

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg