Saturday, May 11, 2013

Garden Interlude

The garden is finally waking up a bit, so for those who don't get to see my constant photographic barrage on facebook, I thought I would post a few of my very amateur photos of  flowers, 
suitable for any occasion, especially a

Happy Mother's Day!





Sweet William, sedum and Love in a Mist

Starting the container garden




Viola 'Halo Violet'



Larkspur & barberry


Wishbone flower (Torenia)



Dutch & German Iris




Spanish lavender



Verbena 'Homestead Purple'




Have a great weekend, everyone.






12 comments:

  1. Nothing that makes me happier than a treasure trove of flowers.

    Thanks for sharing, Hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my my joy, how does your garden grow...smiles...its great to see all the life and color...and happy mothers day to you as well...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I thought that I could lift it, I would steal that pot of Spanish Lavender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure you could, cowgirl. ;_) It's probably not as heavy as Baby Puppy.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers! I live in a town home with two decks, container gardening is my passion. Time for me to get to work ... I think/hope the chance of a frost has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--I'm about two weeks behind, because of the late cold snaps. Container gardening is really a perfect option for the urban environment. I'm just lucky I can do both.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely glorious. I see I am missing something on facebook. I will rectify that immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEautiful. Amazing. We are still in Fairly early spring here -- some freezing at night! K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the price you pay for fewer Republicans. ;_)

      Delete
  7. Your gardening pix always put a smile on my face. I'll help MZ swipe the Spanish lavender, cos I like it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smiling over here. Blooms make me happy. Hope your weekend is a beautiful one, hedgewitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iris, yay! Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg