Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Interview at Poet's United







Writer, blogger and raconteur of all things Nature, not to mention one of my most longstanding and supportive readers, Sherry Blue Sky,  of Stardreaming, has done me the honor of interviewing me for the community poetry site Poets United

Normally I would be blushing modestly and leaving a link in the sidebar, but I wanted to give Sherry the shout out she deserves for this entry in her continuing work, the "Life of a Poet" series, an entertaining and professional read that provides the opportunity to get to know a wide array of online poets of all stripes and styles.

She's worked tirelessly for the last two weeks, asking the most interesting questions and encouraging me to plum the depths of my collection of dusty, ancient photographs and memories, and has assembled a piece which, as always, gets down into the real details of why and how an individual poet writes, and where s/he is coming from, and for sweetener, also has some nice pictures of the dogs and garden. I hope you'll stop by and read it at the link below, as well as check out the many prompts and features Poets United offers. They have one of the most extensive memberships in blogdom, and a blogroll that includes some of the best poets and writers online.

My pedestrian life story, made all sparkly by Sherry, is here:


Thanks so much, Sherry, for all the hard work, (and my dogs thank you for their shot at stardom as well.)You did a great job. And thanks to everyone at Poet's United for having me. Please feel free to wander through the digital Castle and explore all the dark hallways and cobwebbed dungeons. Just don't feed the gargoyles--they tend to get a bit cranky.
 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, MZ. Sherry's really good at this, and she made it pretty painless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo...on my way over...this should be fun...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The real well is the spirit, and I think all of us who write reach into it as deeply as we can to quench a thirst, and to heal.' Thank you Joy for blazing trails and spreading magic and happiness around the blogosphere. From one RPG magic user to another I think you found the secret to bypassing the level cap, no wonder your druid mouse is level 65! Thanks to Sherry and Poet’s United for the wonderful interview and the dVerse crew for sharing you with us. Applause all around. (which I posted over at their site as well - ack, I've come out as a gaming geek in two places this morning :) - only for you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're crackin me up, Anna, as usual. Glad you enjoyed the article. I wish now I'd included a shout out to you as well, for all the support and inspiration. I'll just put it here:
    Anna Montgomery blogs like a level 70 alchemist at the ever colorful Chromapoesy

    And thanks brian for your kind comments over there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alchemy - sweet! In Oblivion you could create potions to your hearts delight so I always maxed that skill out fast (one of the nice things about a wide open world like Oblivion is you can roam the countryside (well, you have to fight monsters while you do it) and pick alchemical flower ingredients :)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry is the blogosphere's premier interviewer, and I mean that sincerely. I'm off to read it before you and Anna turn me into a toad or something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @FB: Anna might turn you into a toad, I will just make you fly. Have to bring your own broomstick, though.

    @Anna: I loved that skill in Morrowind, and did the same thing. I have yet to play Oblivion but now I want to. It should be down in my bargain bin price range by now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hedgewitch, thank you so much for this shout-out! What a lovely surprise.Believe me, the pleasure was all mine. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am fascinated by peoples' lives and stories - there isnt a single human who doesnt have a life more intresting, and often unbelievable, than any fiction. It was toad-ally fun doing your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're most welcome Sherry, you deserve the pat on the back more than I do--I'd thank you again but I have a frog in my throat.

    *runs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hedgewitch, Sherry, a great interview on both your parts. I enjoyed learning more about you and your methods of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed it, Unknowngnome. Sherry does a great job with these. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pedestrian is definitely not a word i would use to describe you or what i learned of your life. i LOVE the pics ~ you, the dogs, your garden. it is a wonderful interview. thank you for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, dani. And thanks for sampling all the poems. Always a pleasure to have you come around.

    ReplyDelete

'Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance' ~Carl Sandburg